Brian M Walsh
Co-Founder and Managing Partner
Brian M. Walsh has practiced law in Florida for nearly fifteen years. His extensive experience and focused approach to law have helped him earn the honor of enjoying a distinguished Martindale-Hubbell Rating.
Brian was born in Pennsylvania and began his higher-education at King’s College in Pennsylvania, where he was an honors graduate earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice and Political Science.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Brian served his community as a paramedic for a decade. This gave him a unique perspective of his community and harnessed other skills that later translated to his law career.
Brian’s unique skill set has given him an ability to handle varied matters including serving as outside counsel and advisor to substantial non-profit corporations. He also is a Licensed Title Insurance Agent with Old Republic Title and the Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund.
Throughout his career he has represented both buyers and sellers in some $500 million in international and domestic merger and acquisition transactions, lenders and borrowers in commercial loan transactions totaling over $750 million, franchisors and franchisees in mutually beneficial franchise relationships, and offered business and corporate representation to hundreds of companies including both local and Fortune 500 organizations. Brian’s counsel has also been utilized in some $600 million worth of real estate sales and acquisitions.
His expertise in counsel for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations, entrepreneurs, and all aspects of corporate and business law has enabled him to assist clients with intellectual property licensing, business contracts, joint ventures, and corporate governance. Brian also practices commercial lending and finance law. For the past decade, he has proudly worked with individuals, corporations and partnerships, banking institutions, and non-profit organizations.
Since 2012, Brian has been honored with the Rising Star Award by Florida Super Lawyer Magazine, making him a four-time recipient. In 2015, he partnered with fellow Central Florida based attorney, Brandon Banks, to open Walsh Banks Law; building a partnership that facilitates professionalism, expertise, and quality client service. Together, they work to help their clients successfully achieve their goals.
Brian has assisted clients as they’ve formed new companies, started new entrepreneurial ventures, and provided business planning to help reorganize, and adjust business strategies to match market trends on a local, national and global scale. The result is clients who are thankful to have streamlined their business model to be equipped for new challenges and future prosperity. From coordinating complicated contract negotiations to assisting nonprofits gain their tax-exempt status, to providing outside general counsel services to business owners, Brian skillfully approaches each of his client’s needs to produce professional results.
In addition to assisting local business owners, Brian also supports his community as legal counsel and board member for Central Florida based 501(c)(3), Helping Other People Eat. The organization offers education and awareness for individuals with eating disorders. They also offer to provide advocacy for treatment and prevention for those in need. Brian also has lent his expertise on the Board of Trustees for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Central Florida and then serving on their Advisory Board.
Brian prides himself on handling the complexity of his client’s needs with a focused and professional mindset, which is why many of his clients begin as clients and quickly become friends.
He is a member of The Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, and the Orange County Bar Association. In March 2016, he also became one of the 10 percent of lawyers who experienced the honor of being sworn into practice before the United States Supreme Court.
- Served as general outside counsel and advisor to the boards of substantial non-profit corporations
- Represented buyers and sellers in over $500 million in domestic and international merger and acquisition transactions
- Represented participants in major international and domestic joint ventures
- Represented lenders and borrowers in large scale commercial loan transactions totaling over $750 million
- Represented both franchisors and franchisees in franchise relationships
- Provided general business and corporate representation to several hundred companies ranging from local businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Facilitated more than $600 million dollars worth of real estate sales and acquisitions.
- School of Law Graduate Tax Program, LL.M., 2004
- Honors: Graduate Program in Taxation Merit Scholarship
- Juris Doctor 2003
- The Journal of International Business and Law, Staff Member
- Comprehensive Trial Skills, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Student
La Faculté de Droit de Nice, Nice, France
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, NY, Study Abroad Program, Summer 2001
- Bachelor of Arts Criminal Justice/Political Science, with honors, 2000
- Aquinas Honor Society
- Luzerne County Outstanding Adult Learner of the Year, March 2000
Bar and Court Admissions
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Tax Court
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States Supreme Court Bar
Awards and Honors
- 2012 – 2015 Rising Star Award, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine
Previous Professional Experience
- Walsh Law Group, Orlando, November 2010 to May 2015
- King, Blackwell, Zehnder & Wermuth, P.A., Orlando, Contract Attorney, February 2010 to February 2011
- Akerman Senterfitt, Orlando, Corporate Attorney, July 2007 to December 2009
- Shutts & Bowen, LLP, Orlando, Corporate Attorney, November 2005 to July 2007